[digiKam-users] Grouping searches

Milind Joshi mmjoshi at iitbombay.org
Thu Jan 26 08:41:53 GMT 2023

I guess I didn't state my problem properly. Here's the scenario:

01. I have 3 different albums for RAW images, jpg images and tif images.

02. The tif are generated after editing the photos. Hence the RAW images
are more in number.

03. The tif files are converted to jpg and hence the albums for jpg and
tif have identical number of images, the only difference being the format.

04. The RAW and tif images have identical tags.

05. The jpg files do not have any tags.

06. In addition to the tags, the tiff files have ratings. The same
ratings are also present in the jpg files.

I have many searches which operate on these albums. A typical search
would be to look for all files with a particular star rating or all
files with a particular star rating but in landscape mode. Thus the same
searches will be carried out on the tif and the jpg albums. They have
identical names with jpg or tif added in the end of the search name.
Since the searches are organized alphabetically, at times the names get
confusing unless I look carefully at the end of the search name. Hence
was wondering if all the searches which operate on the tif album or jpg
album can be collected together so as to make it easy to locate the
appropriate search.

I can always put the differentiator jpg or tif suffix in front of the
search name. But that would imply renaming a whole lot of searches! Was
looking for a shorter and smarter way to achieve the result.

mj