[digiKam-users] start menu empty after using digikam

jeff theonlyjeffjordan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 04:39:47 GMT 2023

Kubuntu 18.04 up-to-date
Digikam Appimage 7.9.0

If I run Digkam for awhile (approx 6 hours or more), almost all entries
in my start menu disappear. This is repeatable for me.

All I'm doing it tagging photos. After running Digikam for awhile, I
click on the start menu and only a couple of items listed. Same thing
happens if I close Digikam and click on start menu.

Only Recent applications, and power are showing.  Rebooting doesn't work.

I can restore to factory settings, but all my custom entries are lost.

1. How to I get my start menu items back? I don't know what to restore
from backups.

2. How do I prevent this?

This has happened 3 times in 3 days. Any idea?

Thank you
Jeff Jordan