[digiKam-users] rating for raw

kaizubg at gmail.com kaizubg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 06:09:44 GMT 2023

My environment: Fedora 37, dK 8.0beta ai, dt 4.2.

I struggled a while to get this working. The reason was found in
the digiKam setting Metadata > Sidecars > Reading and Writing* > Read
from the sidecar files was checked off. It has to be on. All the XMP
settings were correct in their defaults.

I can confirm that rating defined with darktable is read from the
sidecar files into digiKam and is visible in the correct places.

The next use case I tested was the transfering of the GPS data defined
using dt's map view. This worked also perfectly. The GPS data can be
seen in Metadata > XMP Properties window. And after some tweaking the
pictures were also visible on dK map view.

Thanks for this tip!

Kai