[digiKam-users] posting again on storage location not available

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 07:11:38 GMT 2023

Hi Donald,

The two interesting messages are these:

----------------------
Creating new Location  "/"  uuid  "networkshareid:?mountpath=/Volumes/irving/don/allphotos"
location for  "/Volumes/irving/don/allphotos"  is available  false
----------------------

On Windows, "/Volumes/irving/don/allphotos" cannot be a valid path to the images on the NAS.
It looks like a macOS mount path. Consequently, digiKam also writes "false" for availability,
since it does not find at least one file or folder.

Different basic mount paths for network collections in different operating systems is only
possible in the GUI with digiKam-8.0.0. You can download a beta of digiKam-8.0.0 here:

https://files.kde.org/digikam/unstable/

The documentation for "attaching" an alternative network path can be found here.

https://docs.digikam.org/en/setup_application/collections_settings.html#the-network-shares-specificity

Maik

Am Samstag, 4. Februar 2023, 23:32:06 CET schrieben Sie: