digiKam 8.x Release Plan

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 15:33:44 BST 2023

Hi Paul,

The 8.0.0 needs some polish and testing, but we are in the
finalisation stage now.

One point is the integration of the last MRs about the similarity
search improvements. See here :

https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/merge_requests

In all cases, if you want to test yourself, the 8.0.0 pre-release
bundles are available here :

https://files.kde.org/digikam/

Take a care that 8.0.0 database schemas are changed compared to 7.x.
backup your database first before to use 8.0.0.

Best

Gilles Caulier