[digiKam-users] Color management asks for profile in album view

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Thu Sep 22 08:58:42 BST 2022

Hi

after felt 100 years I finally understood the color management thing and
am happily using it since a while. There's a little related annoyance in
digikam (7.1.0, the latest version available in OpenSuse 15.3. rpm's):

I have set that I am asked what to do when opening an image with a
different profile than the working space profile. This works correct
when clicking on an image to open it in editor.

Also, albums with a "wrong" profile are displayed without asking
anything, which is correct.

But: it also asks in album view when I delete an image or move it to
another album. It then asks for the profile in the next image, and I
think it shouldn't (it should only ask when opening the image).

Concrete:

- I have set working space to adobe rgb.
- images for internet publishing I convert into srgb and have them in a
subfolder.
- displaying that srgb-subfolder works normal and correct, without
asking anything. When opening an image I am asked what profile to use,
also correct.
- But: when I delete one of the images in that folder (or move one to
another folder) in album view I am immediately asked for the profile of
the next image, the one that follows in the album. I think it shouldn't
do that.

(I have set to "ask when other profile" because of the mess I have in my
older images: some are adobe rgb, some srgb, some have no profile at all)

Is this intended for some reason or is it a bug I should report?

Have a nice day!

(And using the occasion to once again thank the developers and
maintainers for providing the very best of all image management
applications)

Daniel
--
Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga