[digiKam-users] Hep unscrambling tags

Tom Rice tomkrice at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 17:05:13 BST 2022

I have organized my tags using the tag manager with either move here or
merge here.

When I went to write this to the files the message was to first read
from the files. That resulted is a scrambled set of tags. I am assuming
it was because some of the tags are entered differently than the way I
arranged them in the tag manager. It may be that some file even have
duplicate people or place tags for the same person or place.

So if I write the now reorganized tags to the files will I end up with
even more confusion and will the misplaced tags still reside in the files?

Can I remove all tags from files - how? and then write them to the files
in the manner the appear in the tag manager? Will removing a tag from
the file allow the database to then write a correctly organized tag scheme.

How to do this? T

Thanks for any suggestions.