[digiKam-users] Unexpained EXIF Data Changes

A B gingerlefty at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 19:03:04 BST 2022

Hi, I've noticed that recently the date and time (original) in the Photograph information section of photos exported as jpegs has started showing the date when the modification/export to jpg was carried out rather than the correct original date.My normal work sequence is create the album in digikam, import the photos then process required photos using Affinity Photo and then export the resulting jpeg to another digikam album.When I do this on my desktop PC (Win 10Pro) digiKam 7.7.0 the Photo information EXIF always (as far as I can tell) shows the correct original date.When I carry out the same procedure on my Laptop (Win 11 Home) digiKam 7.8.0 the date gets changed to the date and time when the export to jpeg took place.The only other difference is the location of the collections. On the Desktop it is on an internal HDD on the Laptop I use a new external SSD