[digiKam-users] Keyword hierarchy

Peter Orth planetorth at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 21:34:02 GMT 2022

Frederic, Remco and Marc,
Thanks for the helpful and detailed replies.
I’ve been messing around with multiple programs for work.
If I can get around to it, I’ll fire up exiftool and see what the ones I’m working with do regarding hierarchical keywords and report back. It looks like that’s the best/only way to see what works.

Meanwhile, I work with a flat list of a couple hundred descriptive keywords for photos of locations, and have grown accustomed to it.
Hotel, fountain, desert, diner, swimming pool, rooftop.
 For me the categories are mostly non-ambiguous and repetitive.
A hierarchical list would be nice though!
---
Peter Orth
310 413 8267
sent from the oPhone