[digiKam-users] Face recognition, age and photo date guessing

Marco Passerini mp4cscs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 07:17:25 BST 2022

I have a big family photo archive on Digikam. I've been using face
recognition to tag people. I asked relatives about who is who, and on some
photos I have been able to identify the year in which they were taken. Some
photos are from the beginning of the 1900. I was wondering whether it would
be possible to automatically detect the age of people, and by doing a cross
correlation of who is in the photo, make a guess of the year in which the
photo was taken.

In addition. Do you have some tips on how to manage the face recognition?
Face detection is fine, but face recognition is not working very well
anymore. I have a db of ~18.000  faces, and around 500 people. People go
from a a single picture, to a maximum of 2500. I get mostly wrong
suggestions now.

Regards,
Marco