[digiKam-users] Face recognition, age and photo date guessing

Will Ramey wramey at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 02:56:44 BST 2022

I don't know how to do this in DigiKam, but there are a bunch of other
apps/tools that do this type of thing.

The free web app at https://imageamigo.com/age/ is based on these research
papers:

*[1]** Uchida, Yusuke. “Age and Gender Estimation.” GitHub, 21 Aug. 2020,
github.com/yu4u/age-gender-estimation
<http://github.com/yu4u/age-gender-estimation>. *
*[2]** Agustsson, Eirikur, et al. "Apparent and real age estimation in
still images with deep residual regressors on appa-real database." 2017
12th IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face & Gesture Recognition
(FG 2017). IEEE, 2017. *
*[3]*
* Pei, Wenjie, et al. "Attended end-to-end architecture for age estimation
from facial expression videos." IEEE Transactions on Image Processing 29
(2019): 1972-1984. *