[digiKam-users] high-level photo organization

Antti Ahonen aahonen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 17:03:51 BST 2022

Forgot to mention, for those who think organizing takes too much time, if
you use strictly date based hierarchy, you can do things automatically.

There are many programs for this, I use exiftool.

With command:
$ exiftool -progress -r "-Directory<DateTimeOriginal" -d "%Y/%m/%d" .

I get all photos in ALL subdirectories to right order.

So no matter what system you have used this far, you can change it
literally with one command. Remember to check that you have all metadata
written on files though if you move files.

-Antti