[digiKam-users] high-level photo organization

Peter Orth planetorth at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 16:53:15 BST 2022

Chiming in late: I organize pics in two separate directories, work and other
Within that there’s a folder for each year (2022-work) and a folder for each capture day (YYYMMDD format, i.e. 20221024-work) and then that is sub-divided by subject as needed.
So  Pictures > Work > 2022-Work > 20221024-work > Descriptive Folder Name
My archive is critical to my work, and I’ve outlived my last database solution (iView/MediaPro) so to me it’s a matter of principle to have a system that still retains some structure even without a database.

It’s reassuring to see I’m not alone in organizing chronologically.

Peter Orth