[digiKam-users] Updating raw file dates

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 20:21:49 BST 2022

Date modified and last accessed are not file metadata. The dates are stored in your file
system. In the case of date metadata, it would certainly be possible to only change
these within a RAW file if the date format is identical. But in fact, programs like Exiv2 or
ExifTool rewrite all the metadata. Metadata is associated with pointers to next fields
and needs to be updated.
This ExifTool FAQ explains it a bit:

https://exiftool.org/faq.html#Q13[1]

Maik