[digiKam-users] Local thumbs Db folder and MySQL server: Local database is not accessible

Andreas Hilt a_hilt at web.de
Sun May 22 18:46:34 BST 2022

Hello,

I use Digikam 7.6 on a Windows machine, a Macbook and have the photos
and MariaDB database on a Synology NAS.

Sharing between Windows and Mac OS works. Now I want to have a local
thumbs database on each client for performance reasons, as this feature
was introduced with Digikam 7.4.

It works on Mac OS, but on Windows the local SQLite database is created
initially and then never updated. On each new startup of Digikam an
error message pops up: "Error message: Failed to create tables in database."

Then thumbs a re-read for all files and lost again after I close Digikam.

I also tested this with a local MariaDB server on Windows and having the
local SQLite database location for thumbs. Even then I get the same
error. So I think Digikam on my Windows installation has issues to
access the thumbs database. This issue did not occur, when I used to use
SQLite databases on Windows for all data like tags, thumbs and so on.

Do you have any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks for any reply,

Andreas