[digiKam-users] Geolocation and Cards confusing ...

pixelpiet at web.de pixelpiet at web.de
Sat May 21 22:16:14 BST 2022

Hallo,

Digikam 2.70 on LinuxMint 20.3, the .deb Installation from Rob Savoury
on Launchpad.

Where does Digikam store the map parts that are downloaded when
geolocating photos? I would like to get rid of Blast. Is it possible to
delete these stored tiles from within Digikam?

I find it increasingly confusing that you can call up the display of
maps 3 times via the Digikam user interface. Again and again I click on
"Map" in the toolbar and find myself in a very sluggish display.
When zooming or moving the card, there are disorders in the display. The
card only moves jerked. If I click on pictures of a place, nothing
happens. What exactly should be possible with this card?
The map in the right sidebar is OK in relation to currently selected
images. The map in the left sidebar does not really make sense to me.
Although it responds better and faster than the large display, if I
click on the images of a geolocation that has been zoomed in, I do not
get this selection of images displayed.What exactly is the meaning of
this card?

I geolocate my Fotos often, but the use in Digkam is a bit confusing or
kaputt ;-)

Greats pp