[digiKam-users] importing photos - strange behaviour

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 15:19:00 BST 2022

So that the date is actually read from the metadata, the option "Use file
metadata (makes the connection slower)" must be activated in the digiKam
Settings-> Camera-> Behavior. This was also the case with digiKam-7.3.0. It
doesn't explain the huge loss in file size. I assume that no conversion to JPG/
PNG or DNG is active. What if they don't put the document name in the
metadata?

Maik