[digiKam-users] importing photos - strange behaviour

Monika Kern mk2004 at t-online.de
Mon Jun 6 13:50:12 BST 2022

Hello,
I'm using digikam appimage V7.3 on Linux Mint 20.3.

During import photos are renamed with the string: rename file to
[date:"yyyyMMdd_hhmm"]_[file].[ext]{lower}
and the document name is written to exif.

Today I found out:
- that V7.3. renames the file correct with the date taken from createDate
- but the filesize was reduced from 4701184 to 3890114 (Diff: - 811070)

Then I tried with appimage V7.5 and V7.6.
Here the result for both versions:
- the filename ist renamed with the date taken from FileInodeChangeDate/Time
- the time is unclear, where it derives from (I didn't find the time in
exif)
- the filesize ist reduced as in V7.3

I made a detailed docu which I can send.
Will you please have a look at this strange behaviour?

Regards Monika