[digiKam-users] why do I rejoin Digikam MailMan list?

Sveinn í Felli sv1 at fellsnet.is
Fri Jan 21 10:47:03 GMT 2022

Þann 21.1.2022 09:54, skrifaði Chris Green:
> Ty Mayn <tyrus.mayn at gmail.com> wrote:
>> [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: UTF-8, 28 lines --]
>>
>>    To add to an existing thread in the MailMan paradigm I am pasting the
>> subject as displayed in the archive
>> https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2022-January/subject.html#start
>>        That is a workaround but ,in other matters, MailMan is decades old
>> when it displays subscriber email addresses in a full context with only a
>> substituted "at" . Most crawlers will easily search for a quoted name
>> followed by text and dots inclosed in lessthan greaterthan punctuations
>> "Any TextName" <yourhandle at gmail.com> .
>
> Are E-Mail addresses a serious target nowadays?  I've had a real (as
> in it gets delivered to me) E-Mail address in my Usenet headers for
> decades.  I get maybe one or two messages a week to that address.

Same here; I translate a lot of FOSS-software, my dedicated
email-address figures in plaintext in the headers of tons of publicly
available PO-files, 18.218 occurrencies at last count, but I get only a
couple of spam messages per week. And as a moderator for a few
Mailman-lists I get to discard at most a couple of spams per day. Sure,
spam-filters have already done with some 99% of the spam we never see,
but I don't really see this as a problem anymore.

Guess social engineering on Facebook et al. is much more effective...

Sveinn í Felli