[digiKam-users] how to import new pictures from Android

frederic chaume frederic.chaume at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 16:12:57 GMT 2022

High all

I'm searching a way to import pictures from my smartphone (Samsung A51)
as I'm doing with the SD card of my camera (select only new pictures) .
I'm using it in parallel with my camera and importing the pictures
manualy is painful and not secure. In a previous discussion there was a
proposal to use transfert tools like freefilesync, but it will detect
likely only new pictures until you didn't removed some already imported
(then you will import them again)

So I tried again to investigate on the connection of my smartphone to DK
(now using 7.5) but seems Digikam is looking for network drive only and
I didn't find how to assign a drive to the SD card of my smartphone. I
also look at DK configuration to create a camera , but same problem, DK
is looking for a network drive.
This may not be a problem on DK side, but I'm wondering if someone found
an efficient way for such import

thanks all for your feedback

Regards

Frederic