[digiKam-users] why do I rejoin Digikam MailMan list?

Ty Mayn tyrus.mayn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 22:40:15 GMT 2022

  To add to an existing thread in the MailMan paradigm I am pasting the
subject as displayed in the archive
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2022-January/subject.html#start
      That is a workaround but ,in other matters, MailMan is decades old
when it displays subscriber email addresses in a full context with only a
substituted "at" . Most crawlers will easily search for a quoted name
followed by text and dots inclosed in lessthan greaterthan punctuations
"Any TextName" <yourhandle at gmail.com> .
Public email archives are a first target .
     I can tolerate such exposure as a price to associate with an active
list.
But it is sad to have the accumulated activity of this list to be
unsearchable when I know there are buried valuable threads of discussion.
    I hope that someone at KDE  IT could go to the email server and
generate an omnibus  GZIP file of chronologic postings. The 70kB monthly
zips would be a 200+month file of 14000kB downloadable to late comer
learners like myself.
With that in hand there are any number of search tools.
   I realize the inactive digikam forums at KDE.org are pure forums unlike
hybrids such as google groups which cross mirror postings from either email
or the authenticated forum inputs.      I do find that the forum posts have
better display than either the mailman archive or the spreadout entries of
any email inbox.
     I dare say that some habitual email participants would find themselves
enjoying the display in forum style simply for easier following of a
discussion.
Ty