[digiKam-users] how to import new pictures from Android

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 16:22:57 GMT 2022

Hi,

A smartphone as a network drive ? really...

1/ select the transfert of photo from your smartphone as Usb Mass Storage.
2/ connect your smartphone to your computer and look if it detected as an
USB key.
3/ look where is mounted the smartphone by the system (path)
4/ Setup a UMS device in digiKam setup camera. configure the mounted path.
5/ on your camera, give the right to the computer to read contents (if
necessary).
6/ start the Import tool in digiKam.

Best

Gilles Caulier