[digiKam-users] image View>Presentation from list and NonTimed Loading

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 12 07:01:29 GMT 2022

On mercredi 12 janvier 2022 06:51:38 CET Ty Mayn wrote:
>    i have returned to digikam and this list after a 2 year absence. Digikam
> remains full of potential and sometimes wanting.
> I would like to use the Presentation tool with an advanced feature that I
> cannot find. The presentation tool allows preparation of full images and
> inclusion of prepared captions and tags.      But I would like the
> progression to be controlled by a mouse click like the Preview arrows .
> Each image needs variable timing for a speaker to present
> extemporaneously.  It seems this would be a useful feature but not to be
> found.
(...)

Wouldn't you be better off using a dedicated tool for presentations? For
digikam, slideshows and presentation are not a core activity, but would demand
a serious extra time investment from the developers to get to what you want.

Perhaps LibreOffice or Latex/Beamer (to stay with FOSS tools) are already
capable to provide what you want?

Remco