[digiKam-users] 7.4.0 is remarkably slow ... is this normal?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 14:19:40 GMT 2022

Hi,

First, the AppImage Linux version run fine here without your time latency.
My collection is also huge, including JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and ARW.

The error from the console about Exif must come from Exiv2 and can be a
problem, but I suspect more database stuff... To be sure, please post the
full console trace here when you start digiKam and try to play with tags
assignment. Follow well the explanations given here :
https://www.digikam.org/contribute/

Best

Gilles Caulier