[digiKam-users] Can I Suppress the 'Process is Done' Notification?

Glen glen at glenvision.com
Mon Aug 8 18:27:55 BST 2022

When making changes to my image tags, digiKam pops up a "Process is
Done" notification at the end of each process. This pops up in the
lower-right corner and obstructs several of the buttons in that area. I
then have to wait several seconds for the notification to disappear,
before I can proceed with my workflow.

I'd much rather have access to those obstructed buttons than wait on the
notification to disappear, which I think takes far too long.

Is there any way to suppress all the "Process is Done" notifications?

Alternatively, is there any way to specify how long they remain on the
screen? (Maybe if a value of 0 is entered, it would even suppress the
notification entirely.)

If this isn't possible currently, is there any way to incorporate either
of those features in the next release? Please?  :)

I know it sounds like a tiny issue, but when organizing hundreds of
thousands of images, I'm spending a LOT of time waiting for these
notification to disappear. It becomes a major nuisance during long
sessions of image tag management.

Thanks,
Glen