[digiKam-users] AVCHD video format, was it ever handled by Digikam?

jdd at dodin.org jdd at dodin.org
Mon Aug 8 15:34:54 BST 2022

Le 08/08/2022 à 14:24, Chris Green a écrit :
> I recently took a short video using my Panasonic TZ60 and found that
> it seems to be in a different format from previous ones.
>
> The actual data is in .cpi and .mts files whereas previous videos
> (shot on the same camera) were in .cpi and .avi format.
>
> Could Digikam have converted files to .cpi/.avi from .cpi/.mts and
> I've not realised it's converted them?  Or, alternatively, have I
> changed some setting in the camera so that it saves in a different
> format?

you have changed something in your camera.

In AVCHD format, the files a organized as on a BluRay disk, you can find
in the tree (beginning probably by PRIVATE) a folder STREAM with the
video files like

00062.MTS  00063.MTS  00064.MTS  00065.MTS  00066.MTS  00067.MTS

the other format is mp4 where video files are mixed with lpg images

jdd

--
http://dodin.org
http://valeriedodin.com