[digiKam-users] Where do album properties get stored?

Jonathan Kamens jikamens at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 15:02:05 GMT 2021

What "album properties" are you referring to?

There are standardized formats for EXIF data, which means it is possible
for digiKam to store metadata about individual photos in the photos
themselves and for that metadata to be read and utilized by other photo
management tools.

In contrast, there is no standard for "album properties," so it's not
feasible for digiKam to store most album properties in a way that other
photo management tools can use.