[digiKam-users] Where do album properties get stored?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Nov 30 14:44:36 GMT 2021

I assume that album properties are stored (only?) in the database,
this adds to the difficulty of moving a photo collection maintained
with Digikam.

I wish, I wish, I wish there was a way (as in a single option
somewhere) that would tell Digikam that I want *everything* stored
with the image files so that, if I want to move or copy my photo
collection from computer A to computer B, or from directory A to
directory B I can simply copy the whole directory hierarchy and the
job is done.

It also make backups more difficult as one has to copy the album
hierarchy *and* the database which may be in very different places,
plus how does one guarantee that they are 'synchronized'?

--
Chris Green
ยท