[digiKam-users] UI changes in digiKam 7.2.0

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Mon May 17 12:41:04 BST 2021

Am 10.05.21 um 09:26 schrieb ceperman:
> I can however find nothing that would cause the rename panel to not show the
> file extension. Just to be clear, the Rename dialog box shows the "Current
> Name" and "New Name" with the file extension, but the text field for doing
> the rename does not include the extension so cannot be overwritten.

The file extension defines the type of image file (jpg, png...).
Renaming is only to give the image another name, but not another file
type, so the extension, of course, stays the same.

If you want to change the file type you must open it and then chose
"save as", so a new file will be created with the new file type.

If you need to do this with many images you can use the batch process.

--
Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga
https://www.patreon.com/danielbauer