[digiKam-users] UI changes in digiKam 7.2.0

ceperman ceperman at gmail.com
Mon May 10 08:26:12 BST 2021

I'm using version digiKam 7.2.0, build date: 26/03/2021 07:35 (target:
Debian) on Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa, Cinnamon 4.8.6.
Upgrading to 7.2.0 was part of a recent reinstallation of Linux Mint to
20.1.

OK, you pointed me to system settings to control single/double click. After
failing to find anything in the Cinnamon settings I discovered it's
controlled by the Nemo (File System) settings. But changing this doesn't
affect digiKam behaviour. In any case, I wouldn't want to change the overall
behaviour of the system just to change digiKam behaviour.

(Anyway it seems I'm wrong in that thumbnail -> preview and preview ->
thumbnail view both require the same double click action, I'm not sure why I
thought one was single and one double - old age I guess.)

I can however find nothing that would cause the rename panel to not show the
file extension. Just to be clear, the Rename dialog box shows the "Current
Name" and "New Name" with the file extension, but the text field for doing
the rename does not include the extension so cannot be overwritten.

Any more ideas?

Chris

Maik Qualmann wrote