[digiKam-users] UI changes in digiKam 7.2.0

ceperman ceperman at gmail.com
Mon May 17 13:22:39 BST 2021

Daniel Bauer-2 wrote
> Am 10.05.21 um 09:26 schrieb ceperman:
>> I can however find nothing that would cause the rename panel to not show
>> the
>> file extension. Just to be clear, the Rename dialog box shows the
>> "Current
>> Name" and "New Name" with the file extension, but the text field for
>> doing
>> the rename does not include the extension so cannot be overwritten.
>
> The file extension defines the type of image file (jpg, png...).
> Renaming is only to give the image another name, but not another file
> type, so the extension, of course, stays the same.
>
> If you want to change the file type you must open it and then chose
> "save as", so a new file will be created with the new file type.
>
> If you need to do this with many images you can use the batch process.
>
> --
> Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga
> https://www.patreon.com/danielbauer
> https://www.daniel-bauer.com

I understand what you say but this isn't how it used to be.

I used this feature to change the case of the extension from .JPG to .jpg
because Linux is case-sensitive and I like all the extensions to be the
same. Sure, I can change the .ext in other ways, but now it's a multi-step
operation whereas previously I could do it in one.

If nothing has changed in DK (as a previous responder said) then could this
be something in KDE? I know DK is a KDE application and drags in a whole
load of KDE libraries when it's installed.

Chris