[digiKam-users] face detection on network drive - loss of ethernet/LAN connection

Thomas Beckler thomas.beckler at hotmail.com
Fri May 14 19:08:25 BST 2021

Hello,

first of all many thanks to all people contributing to digikam. It is
such a powerful open source tool!
I am running DK 7.2.0 on windows. My database is local and my photo
collection is on a network drive. I ran the face detection for around
one week. Unfortunately the windows machine lost the Ethernet/LAN
connection during that time. This didn't stop the face detection and
Digikam "succeeded" to scan all images. Now the database in the state
that all images are marked as scanned but around halve of them the
detection didn't take place, as the files were not accessible on the
network drive.

I would like to avoid a full rescan of my collection and start at the
point of "failure".
Is there a smart way to "clean" the database or to find out which files
have been actually scanned? (GUI or directly in the database)
In which order does Digikam scans the photos?

If you agree that is a "bug": Do you think it makes sense to improve in
an upcoming version and implement an error handling?

Thank you for your help.
Cheers,
Thomas