[digiKam-users] Sync of new files isn't happening (7.2.0)

Chris Poldervaart vaarticus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 15:54:47 BST 2021

I fully admit it could be a setting or configuration I have messed up.  I
have a very large library, if that helps understand.

Problem:

Use Import feature to import files from memory card. After downloading to
the album(folder) I have selected. I can not see the images in the digiKam
at all.  Previously, when I downloaded files, I would immediately be able
to find them in the folder I saved them to.  They exist in the filesystem,
but the DK database isn't reflecting they are there.  I even
accidentally downloaded them twice so now I have duplicates of each one.

Is there not a way to selectively look for new items in a specific album?
When I close and re-open digikam, it starts a new item search... but my
library is pretty massive, so I don't know where it is searching..but it
sits on 0% for a very long time. (I haven't seen it move yet).  Meanwhile,
I still cannot access the files I just downloaded using digiKam without
going straight to them in the filesystem and opening them in my external
editor.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?