[digiKam-users] Adding date to copyright line

dep dep at drippingwithirony.com
Tue Jun 29 23:56:53 BST 2021

Greeting.

I imagine that this is possible, but I do not see in the documentation a
way for adding variable values -- in this case, year of creation -- in
IPTC data. It would typically be something like:

Copyright ©{year} {name}. All rights reserved.

With the two values chosen from the other data associated with the picture.

Is this possible? If so, what is the syntax and which fields populate those
variables?

Finally -- not asking much, am I? -- is there a way to put the metadata
editor on the toolbar or in the RMB menu?

I'me riding herd on >1 million images here, and while I don't find the
database aspects of digiKam of much use, the viewing, light editing, and
metadata editing functions are of help.

Thanks very much!
--
dep