[digiKam-users] search for items NOT containing tags

Jozef Riha jose1711 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 10:01:52 BST 2021

Hello,

this is only an idea but I think it could be interesting if digiKam
supports a three-state tag selection logic in advanced search. Currently in

Here we have two options provided by a pull-down menu:
 - any tag assigned
 - one or more specified tags assigned
- (no tags with a separate checkbox)

With on/off checkboxes nothing more can really be achieved but what if the
checkboxes supports three states:
 - [x] = tag assigned
 - [o] = tag may or may not be assigned
 - [ ] = tag must not be assigned

Initial state of all tags in the tree would be [o] (e. g. gray filled
square). Instead of adding another condition this would allow one to make a
desired tag selection within the same.

What do you think?

Cheers, jose