[digiKam-users] Bye bye digikam?

Øystein Andresen-Sund oystein at pludge.com
Tue Jul 27 12:14:48 BST 2021

tir. 27. jul. 2021 kl. 11:44 skrev Dmitri Popov <dmpop at tokyoma.de>:

> Hi,
>
> > I only shoot in RAW and usually takes a lot more pictures than I need,
> so some serious deleting is
> > necessary after a photo session. But when I look at the photos in the
> thumbnail window it only
> > shows the built in .jpg files.
>
> I thought that's what all RAW processing applications do: show you the
> built-in JPEG file in preview. Isn't that the entire purpose of the
> built-in JPEG file? That's what camera shows you too. What else do you
> expect the application to show you? Honest question.

Most RAW applications do this, including Adobe Lightroom (unless you go to
edit mode). Rendering directly from RAW would slow down the viewing and
browsing process considerably and you would probably see an image with
different colors than what you see in your camera.
Try using RawTherapee or Darktable for RAW processing.