[digiKam-users] Bye bye digikam?

Dmitri Popov dmpop at tokyoma.de
Tue Jul 27 10:44:31 BST 2021

Hi,

> I only shoot in RAW and usually takes a lot more pictures than I need, so some serious deleting is
> necessary after a photo session. But when I look at the photos in the thumbnail window it only
> shows the built in .jpg files.

I thought that's what all RAW processing applications do: show you the built-in JPEG file in preview. Isn't that the entire purpose of the built-in JPEG file? That's what camera shows you too. What else do you expect the application to show you? Honest question.

> Another issue I have with digikam that's not a showstopper. The photo edit functions are
> practically useless to me.

OK. It's not an actionable piece of information, though.

> To open a new "modul" for each different operation is too cumbersome.

I, for one, appreciate the clear separation between managing files and editing them. I guess we are in the personal preferences territory here.

> have a stripped down version without edit functions?

Maybe this could be of interest for you https://www.kphotoalbum.org/

Kind regards,
Dmitri