[digiKam-users] Hardware Suggestion for Digikam

Tonio Kroeger tonio.kroeger1903 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 17:05:05 BST 2021

Thanks a lot. I hope/think I am on the right track now. My plan is  to have
the database and the "incoming"-Pictures on an internal SSD, the "finally
archived"-Pictures out on an external USB3-harddisk. Main memory will be
16GB.

A corresponding Intel NUC is ordered... :-)

It bothers a little that my important data is longer stored on one physical
medium but part of the pictures and the complete database are stored on the
local SSD. Makes backups a little bit more error prone but I think I will
make it :-) On the other hand not exploiting the performance gain from the
SSD that is already there would be a pity.

Thanks

TK