[digiKam-users] Tags missing after hard drive plugged back in

Angela Rana angela.rana at sydney.edu.au
Mon Jul 12 08:21:29 BST 2021

Hello,

I am currently tagging video files in Digikam, which I understand means that tags are stored in the digikam database and not in the files' metadata. This morning I plugged in another hard drive by accident, opened Digikam, and Digikam (understandably) didn't recognise the path. I realised I had plugged the wrong hard drive in, so I removed that hard drive, plugged in the hard drive that I have been tagging my files on, and opened Digikam again. Digikam then took a while to load all the files back up onto the interface, but once all the files had loaded, none of the tags that I had previously applied were coming up anymore.

Note that I have saved the file path for my files under "Collections on Removable Media", I am using SQLite, and my database files have been saved in the default local "Pictures" folder on my laptop.

Any idea why the tags have disappeared and if there's a way I can get them back?

Thanks in advance