[digiKam-users] Rename - confused!

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jan 29 11:03:50 GMT 2021

On vendredi 29 janvier 2021 11:49:16 CET Mick Sulley wrote:
> Digikam 7.1.0 AppImage
>
> I just moved some pics into a folder in my album, select all and F2 to
> rename.  The new pics are all IMG... existing ones are PIC... the rule
> is PIC[date]
>
> The rename window opens, lots of IMG renamed as PIC, all show in black
> as expected, but further down there are some existing PIC that show the
> same name as current and new, but they are in red. The 'OK' button is
> greyed out.  All the new pics show as rename in black, only existing
> ones have the problem.
>
> I assume that the ones in red are the reason OK is grey, but what is
> wrong with them?
I'd guess that you are trying to rename a file to a name that already exists
in that directory. You are saying you have some PIC* files in there already.

Alternatively, Digikam doesn't want to rename a file to the old name ->
deselect those files (you can sort by name in the display, so all IMG* should
be together at the start, left-click first and shift+left-click last to select
the range)

Remco