[digiKam-users] Rename - confused!

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Fri Jan 29 11:32:22 GMT 2021

Thanks for the reply Remco, I now see what is happening, the problem is
duplicates, but it is rather confusing.

To simplify, what I am seeing is -

New

IMG2
IMG3

Existing

PIC1
PIC2
PIC3
PIC4

rename and it shows

IMG2 => PIC2
ING3 => PIC3
PIC1 => PIC1
PIC2 => PIC2 - Error
PIC3 => PIC3 - Error
PIC4 => PIC4

If it had shown the rename of the new files as the error it would have
been obvious, but this way it is not.  I thought that in previous
versions it would have failed on the file whose name was to change
rather than the existing one, but I may not be remembering that correctly.

Cheers

Mick