[digiKam-users] How to copy DK databases?

Louis A Turk lou at dayspringpublisher.com
Tue Feb 23 17:07:12 GMT 2021

Hi fellow DK users,

Several months ago I bought a new computer with a SSD. I install Linux
Mint 20.1 on the SSD. I also took the HD out of the old computer, and
installed it on the new computer. Then I copied most of the data from
the old HD to the new SSD. I don't know what version of DK was installed
on the HD, but I've just installed DK 7.2.0 rc on the SSD. I have many
thousands of photos (13 years worth) on the old HD. The photos are all
in DK's sqlite databases. How can I copy those databases to the SSD? And
what pitfalls should I watch out for in doing so? Many thanks in advance
for your help.

Lou