[digiKam-users] Issue with deleted images

Martin J. Evans martin.j.evans at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 11:01:51 GMT 2021

On 23/02/2021 10:48, Sebastian Beer wrote:
> Maybe this conversation answers more of your questions:
> http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/digiKam-users-Suggested-UX-improvement-Empty-trash-td4712992.html
> <http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/digiKam-users-Suggested-UX-improvement-Empty-trash-td4712992.html>
>
> Sebastian

Cheers. That does answer my question.

I was looking for a empty trash type option and didn't realise that
digiKam adds a "Wastebin" option to the tree view in album as I have
hundreds of directories in this album.

So, just in case anyone else has this issue. To empty the wastebin,
select the albums view, select the album, scroll down to the "Wastebin"
item and select it, then you can see the deleted files in the right pane
and a) undo the last action or b) restore any files you select c)
permanently delete files.

You can also avoid putting deleted items in the wastebin and delete them
permanently by holding shift whilst deleting.

I did search the manual for this information but could not find it
searching with "trash" or "wastebin".

Thanks again Sabastian for the pointer.

Martin