[digiKam-users] Drive crash. How to recover?

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Mon Aug 9 20:24:45 BST 2021

On Mon, 09 Aug 2021 21:00:51 +0200
Maik Qualmann <metzpinguin at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can update the UUID and path with current digiKam versions
> without problems. Go to the digiKam collection settings and click
> on the refresh icon and select the new path / drive. It is
> important that your underlying folder structure is still the same,
> otherwise the database will be rebuilt.
>
> A backup of the DB is always good in case you do something wrong

A backup is not always good :(

In the last 6 weeks, I've had 3 hd die, 2 productions and 1 backup.
Luckily (or stubbornly) I had 3 backups, now only 1 left, the 1 I
will recover on Wednesday from...

2 - 3tb western digital drives identical and same age
1 external - 2 tb lacie 6 years old

Thanks for the info

--
sknahT