[digiKam-users] Print Creator: a thank you and a small wish

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Sun Apr 25 10:20:23 BST 2021

Hello,

Print Creator just saved me hours of work. I needed to print thumbnails
of several hundred images in different folders and searched google for a
tool that would save me the work to resize all of them and put them in a
document.

But big brother (as in most cases) didn't help. So I went through the
menus of digikam and found Print Creator. A tool I have never used
before. And after a few clicks I had a printable pdf. Fantastic!

Thanks a lot! Digikam really has it all :-)

A small wish:
- it would be nice if the folder name could be included in the caption

-------------------
(Some other things, more complicated, came into my mind:
- size the images so that the caption doesn't print into the image
- a background color for the caption
- caption-position top/bottom, center the text
- make all landscape/portrait oriented images the same size without
rotating them
... just ideas in case a developer has too much time :-) )

Thanks again for the great Digikam that I use every day since many years!

Daniel
--
Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga
https://www.patreon.com/danielbauer