[digiKam-users] Digikam keeps ignoring my ignored tags

Thomas D sdktda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 09:09:39 BST 2021

Hi,

I am still playing around with DK 7.2 image recognition. It is great fun.
However, I do experience one really annoying problem: DK keeps recognizing
some random person (that I do not know) as a specific person that I do know
and have tagged. So this random person shows up in Unconfirmed suggested as
the known person.
I then tag the random person as "Ignored" and I would then expect *never* to
see this particular image suggested as the known person again (or any other
known person for that matter).

However, every time I rescan my collection with "Recognize faces", it keeps
adding this random person - and the same exact image - as the known person.

In fact, this problem occurs with many different persons.

Is this a bug in DK - or am I doing something wrong? How do I ignore a
detected face so that it will never be suggested again?