[digiKam-users] Downloading Digikam

Ronald Orenstein ron.orenstein at rogers.com
Wed Oct 7 15:54:22 BST 2020

There are ways around this:
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/mac-help/mh40616/mac

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/mac-app-unidentified-developer-3669596/

https://www.howtogeek.com/205393/gatekeeper-101-why-your-mac-only-allows-apple-approved-software-by-default/ (covers more recent OS versions)

Ronald Orenstein
1825 Shady Creek Court
Mississauga, ON L5L 3W2
Canada
ronorenstein.blogspot.com
ronorensteinwriter.blogspot.com

    On Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 10:32:32 a.m. EDT, Remco Viëtor <remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

 On mercredi 7 octobre 2020 15:51:39 CEST dtp at dandjt.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to try Digikam to replace the photo catalogue I have on ‘i-View
> Media Pro', which is no longer supported on the latest 64-bit Mac operating
> systems.  When I try to open the Difikam download, it is prevented since
> the package is “not from an identified developer”.  Is it safe to download
> and open??
Never heard of any problems with an official version of digikam. I use linux,
but it's not as if Digikam was written yesterday.

> Why has KDE not been submitted for registration with Apple??

I'm sure they'll do it in a flash (well, as fast as Apple can handle the
notarising part...) when you pay for the required developer account (100$/year
iirc). Keep in mind that Digikam is provided free of charge, and afaik, none
of the developers get paid for their work on it.

Remco