[digiKam-users] Future of digiKam bundles...

jdd at dodin.org jdd at dodin.org
Fri May 29 12:53:17 BST 2020

Le 29/05/2020 à 13:24, Stuart T Rogers a écrit :
> Well I just installed this to try it and on openSUSE

same for me openSUSE Leap 15.1

  it seems I have to
> start Discover in order to run Digikam

no, I found it in the usual kde menu

  and it is very slow when compared
> with my normal RPM starting up.

the 7.0 beta appimage takes ages to start, not the flathub one :-)

  So far I've not found any way to
> configure it so that for example it always runs on the same virtual
> desktop.

works for me (just tested)

Looks like it has not found my original config files as it is
> going through its normal first time run screens so I cancelled it.

same,

it's my first use of flatpak, looks like flatpak have it's own root, so
it misses lot of my disks...

jdd

--
http://dodin.org