[digiKam-users] Accessing foto collections from different machines?

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Sat May 23 14:59:11 BST 2020

On Sat, 23 May 2020 15:36:20 +0200
Tonio Kroeger <tonio.kroeger1903 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Tonio,

>that the remote machine is a laptop and sometimes is shutdown or
>suspended and I have no chance to get informed before.

I can't offer suggestions regarding the Pi, SQL & network connection
(beyond my level of expertise), but it ought to be possible to enable
Wake on LAN for the laptop (may require installing additional software).
It might not work for a shutdown machine, but should wake a sleeping
computer up.  Even if it's in a very deep sleep.

--
 Regards  _
You don't entertain ideas you simply bore them