[digiKam-users] Scanner not detected in DK7 but OK in DK6.4

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sun May 17 17:12:50 BST 2020

On vendredi 15 mai 2020 19:44:11 CEST Xantof wrote:
> For info :
>
> Appimage 7.0.0b2 and b3 -> scanner not found
> 6.4 installed from ubuntu 20.04 software repository ->  scanner found and
> working.
>
> Reading through the messages, I see that the libksane library is required
> but I have the libsane (without the k).  Is that critical? ,  because the
> libksane library is not available for this distribution and requires a bunch
> of dependencies that discouraged me to install.

Libsane is the library that interfaces with the scanner, lib*k*sane is build
on top of that to provide a (GUI) interface for KDE programs.
So yes, you need both libsane and libksane.

For my distribution (opensuse leap 15.1), libksane is provided by package
libKF5sane5, part of the KDE frameworks.

Remco